Mindgarden

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Visit to the Dover Park Hospice

This afternoon I visited an ex-colleague at Dover Park Hospice & it's my first time to a place like this. Physically, the place is well kept and very neat & clean. Emotionally this must be a very difficult place for those whose loved ones are there.

My ex-colleague is dying of throat cancer. He is in semi coma.

There I met another ex-colleague & inevitably our conversation turned to how we want to go if we had the choice. Of course we have no choice in such matters. But do we know where we are going? Yes I do. My ex-colleague do not believe in God and prefers not to talk about this topic. People who don't know the Lord do not see physical death as the gateway to heaven. They don't know where they are going & prefers to avoid thinking about it. Hopefully, this afternoon's conversation set him thinking. Lord, have mercy on him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home